Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming movie “Padmavati” got the attention of Karni Sena . Padmavati controversy reason which raises protest in many parts of Rajasthan, leading to a day’s bandh in Chittorgarh on Friday. The release date of the movie starring Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, and Shahid Kapoor is December 1.
Padmavati controversy reason: Why is Karni Sena protesting against Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s multi-starrer Padmavati ?
- Sri Rajput Karni Sena is a Rajput community organization whose Pradesh Mahasachiv- Mr. Vishavbandhu Rathore said that their community is not against the movie but their concern is that the movie may distort the historical facts.
- The protesters also said that the movie also portrays intimate scenes between Queen Padmini and Alauddin Khilji: lead characters played by Star Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh.
- Karni Sena has warned Sanjay Leela Bhansali if he releases the movie with wrong facts, then he may have to face the protest again by the Rajput Organization.
Rajasthan and Gujrat are the major cities where the protest is picking more heat. The BJP Government who is the ruling party of Gujarat demanded a delay in the release of the movie.
However, Padmavati, The historical Drama movie has already been insured by Mr. Sanjay Leela Bhansali with Rs. 160 Crore to cover the loss of ticket revenue due to the protest initiated by the Karni Sena. Sanjay Leela Bhansali is facing a hard time as the theater owners are hesitating to show Padmavati in their theaters, and want police protection from administration first. In Rajasthan, not even a single distributor is appointed yet.
The advantage in favor of Bhansali Productions is that they own a few Cinema Halls in Jaipur, where they will try to release the movie.
Here’s a glimpse on the protest against Padmavati so far:
- In the month of January, Activists of Karni Sena, the Rajput Organization misbehaved with the crew of Padmavati, where they damaged the Set and cameras, claiming Sanjay Bhansali is trying to Distort the historical facts.
- In the month of March, activists broke the mirrors in Padmini Mahal in Chittorgarh Fort
- Protesters also destroyed a rangoli depicting Deepika Padukone created by Artist Mr. Karan K
- Ruling party of Gujarat, BJP demanded Election Commission for a temporary Stay on release of movie Padmavati.
RELEASING ON DECEMBER 1, 2017