Reliance Jio Chairman Mukesh Ambani, on Tuesday, Feb 22, 2017, announced that the bouquet of offers and freebies offered to Reliance Jio customers since its launch in September, 2016 would now come at a price.India’s only 4G network provider has rolled out a new subscription plan, which is named ‘Reliance Jio Prime’.
So it is official that there will be a charge for Reliance Jio Infocomm’s services. However, it is also an undeniable fact that the arrival of this new player has already caused a massive churn in the telecom industry. So the question that arises now is – Would this declaration bring relief to other Indian telecom giants like Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular?Or is it that the new Reliance Jio tariff plans would become a matter of worry for the incumbent biggies?
Well, as they say, only time will tell. Meanwhile, here is a list of the things you need to know about Reliance Jio Prime right now!
- All the services under Reliance Jio’s network will go paid starting from April 1, 2017.
- The membership programme for Jio Prime services will open from March 1, 2017. Interested users can enrol themselveslatest by March 31, 2017.
- All the existing customers of Reliance Jio would also need to make a fresh subscription to the new plan.
- Enrolment to the new plan can be done through MyJio app, by logging into the company’s website, or by visitingJio stores.
- You can avail Reliance Jio’s new membership plan at Rs 99 per year.
- The monthly plans for Reliance Jio Prime will start at Rs 149 and go up to Rs 4,999.
- The benefits of the company’s ‘Happy New Year’ plan can be availedby Jio Prime Members at an introductory price of Rs 303 per month.
- All the domestic voice calls to any network would remain free under the newJio services.
- Reliance Jio network would not involve any roaming charges.
- Customers can enjoy the daily Fair User Policy (FUP)limit of 1GB data onJio’s True 4G networkeven under the new Reliance Jio plan. Post 1GB, unlimited data browsing can be done at 128 kbps.
Reliance JioInfocomm claims of it 4G network being spread across 18,000 Indian cities and towns, along with more than 2 lakh villages. It aims at making 90% of India’s population its loyal customers. The company seemsconfident of providing India’s first only 4G LTE mobile network and it certainly does not mean “mostly 2G, sometimes 3G and once-in-a-while 4G”.
Suggested reads: Everything you want to know about Airtel Payments Bank